Thursday 6 August 2009

leaving london ... too early

I ambitioned to leave abroad for more than 3 years now. So, when my projects were ramping down, I thought it was the right time for a change.

I have then be working on a classical job hunting, and finally found a very challenging and interesting position, in London.

Great, let's discover a new culture, a new life style, new language, new faces... Let's go thru the relocation process. Houses, schools, paperwork...
Changing so much things at once is not easy. I had to make concessions here and there. At a point in time, I have not been able to add the last concession. I was facing a dilemma: keep trying to relocate, have my family back to the original place and commute, or stop everything and return to the starting point.

That was not an easy decision. This is a 6 months project that I had to basically stopped overnight.

I really enjoyed the job, enjoyed the challenges ahead, but in some cases things just do not work as you want.

Ready for a new start ? Yes, I am. Next time, with all the relocation process clarified well ahead of time !

No comments:

Post a Comment